Employer: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kamapla, Uganda
Application Deadline: 17th August , 2013
The Drivers will offer provide transport services to all staff and maintenance of URA Vehicles in line with the Administrative Guidelines, Rules and Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Driver will offer transport services to URA staff as per the URA Fleet guidelines
• Keep the Vehicle in a clean and excellent mechanical condition according to the Fleet Management guidelines.
• Conduct periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time
• Do delivery of items, for example mail/correspondence, stationery and supplies to the respective URA Offices and other stakeholders in line with the Administrative Guidelines
• Perform any other duties assigned by their respective Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Driver should have a valid driving Permit covering at least Classes C and E in the old system or classes B, CM and DL in the new system.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ driving experience
• The applicant must have attained O’ Level qualification with at least a Pass in English & Mathematics
• Computer Literacy is a Must
• Possession of Class A in the new system will be an added advantage
• Defensive driving skills will be an added advantage
• Specialized training and or skills in automobile/Vehicle mechanics will be an added advantage
• Knowledge and Proficiency in written and spoken English
• A high sense of precision and order
• Ability to handle and manage multiple tasks under pressure
• Good Listener: Giving full attention to what other people are saying and understanding the implications of new information
• Problem sensitivity and Solving : The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and proposing effective solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with completing delivery requirements
• Excellent Customer and Personal service
• High Level Integrity &Confidentiality
• Time Consciousness: Managing Ones’ own time and the time of others
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) should please visit the website link provided
For you to apply, start by creating an account using a valid e-mail address. Please note that communication from us will be sent through that e-mail
All applications shall be filled and submitted on-line.
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt through your e-mail submitted in (a) above.
Please ensure that e-mail has adequate space
Applicants can be allowed to apply up to a maximum of two jobs and these should be clearly indicated at the point of filling your application.
Applicants can only submit an application form once.
In case you are not able to complete the application process, the information captured will not be lost but rather automatically saved in your log in account. This will enable you to return any time/day at your convince to complete the application process.