Monday, 20 May 2013
Enrolled Midwife Jobs in Uganda at PEPFAR
Job Title: ENROLLED MIDWIFE
Salary Scale: U7 WITH ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
Reports to: Nursing Officer (Midwifery)
Job purpose: To provide midwifery nursing services and public health interventions to patients and the community.
• Must have an Enrolled Midwifery Certificate from a recognized Institution OR a certificate in Enrolled
Comprehensive Nursing (for appointment on trial basis for 1 year with a possibility to extend for 2 years).
• Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
• Must have a valid Practicing License.
• Those who have completed the six months training in midwifery will have an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receiving patients, registering admissions, discharges and deaths.
• Providing care during pregnancy, labor, delivery and puerperium with emphasis to prevention of infection and complications to mother and baby.
• Sensitizing mothers about benefits of breast feeding and recommended diet.
• Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team.
• Participating in Doctors/Clinical officers ward rounds.
• Observing and compiling daily ward reports for the attention of the relevant authorities.
• Preparing patients for meals and participating in serving them.
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources.
• Maintaining a clean and healthy environment for the patients.
• Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
How to Apply
As a key partner in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Uganda, the United States Government under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) plans to complement the Government of Uganda’s (GoU) effort in addressing the Human Resources for Health (HRH) shortage.
The support aims to scale up HIV/AIDs prevention, Care and treatment interventions in light of the rising HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country. PEPFAR through its implementing partners will support the recruitment of Dispensers; Nursing Officers (Nursing), Medical Officers, Nursing Officers (Midwifery), Laboratory Technologists; Laboratory Technicians, Clinical Officers, Enrolled Nurses and Enrolled Midwives for hospitals. Health workers recruited under this support will be contracted by the PEPFAR implementing partners and will be seconded to selected hospitals. The contract is for one year with a provision for extension to two years subject to availability of funds and performance of the health worker. The PEPFAR partners supporting this recruitment include:
Baylor Uganda, Strengthening Decentralization for Sustainability (SDS), Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP), Mildmay Uganda, Infectious Disease Institute (IDI), Northern Uganda Health Integration to Enhance Services (NUHITES), Strengthening Uganda Systems for Treating AIDs Nationally (SUSTAIN) and The Aids Support Organization (TASO).
HEALTH WORKERS WHO ARE ALREADY IN GOVERNMENT SERVICE OR PRIVATE NOT FOR PROFIT (PNFP) EMPLOYMENT SHOULD NOT APPLY AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the above vacant posts
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission. All applications for this advert should indicate “PEPFAR Recruitment” on the upper left corner of the envelope and application form. The application forms are obtainable from the District Service Commission Offices. The form can also be down loaded from the Public Service Commission website on http://psc.go.ug/images/forms/psc%20form%203.pdf. Handwritten applications in triplicate are also acceptable.
Applications should bear the title and number of the post applied for and name of the district where the job is tenable. Please include telephone contacts on the application. Applicants should apply for only one post in one district.
Applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials, professional registration certificates, valid practicing licenses and three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs.
Applicants who will not hear from the respective Service Commissions on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. The lists of successful candidates will be displayed on the notice boards of the respective Service Commissions. This advert can be accessed on the New Vision web page www.newvision.co.ug and the Monitor web page www.monitor.co.ug. The advert is also available on the notice boards at the District Service Commission offices of the all districts specified in this advert.
Deadline: 31st May 2013