Job Req ID: 11163
Employer: Abt Associates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline: 3rd Oct 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Based on agreed project master plan, coordinate with project technical and administrative colleagues and relevant District Officials to ensure development of detailed implementation plan for the District;
• Maintain liaison activities between IRS Project and local government officials;
• Support District and Local Government Officials to conduct Micro-Planning sessions;
• Support District and Local Government Officials in the identification and recruitment of spray personnel (e.g., supervisors, data collectors and data entry clerks, store keepers, wash persons, team leaders, spray operators and security guards);
• Assist District and Local Government Officials in the identification and preparation of physical infrastructure (e.g., parish level stores, soak pits and bathing areas) to support upcoming spray operations;
• Ensure timely reporting the supervisor on any areas of concern which could negatively affect the planned spray operations.
• Support the District and Local Government Officials to conduct training activities as required for spray personnel (e.g., TOT, refresher courses);
• In coordination with the Sr. Logistics Manager and District Officials, ensure timely distribution of required materials and equipment to district and parish stores in advance of spray activities;
• Work closely with District Officials, ensure that all agreed IEC/BCC activities are conducted in a timely manner, and that communities are well prepared to receive spray teams;
• Ensure timely provision of project resources which may be required to ensure smooth implementation of spray activities (e.g., funds for fuel for supervision and other resources as may be agreed at the planning stage).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The candidate should have six or more years’ experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Not for Profit Sector with Abt Associates should visit the e-recruitment website below to express their interest in this vacancy.